Saturday, April 26, 2014

Things Kids Say


Overheard during the class change. I am standing in the hall, outside my door as students enter the classroom. 

Male Student #1: Hey, how do girls get make-up off?

Male Student #2: They don't take it off. They just put more on top of it.

MS #1 (calls out): That doesn't seem right. Hey, Mrs. S., how do you get make-up off? Like off your eyes?

Me (without looking at the kid): Well, I use eye-makeup remover pads. Why?

MS #1: 'Cause my sister wanted to put makeup on me last night, and I let her. But then she went to bed, and I couldn't get it off, so I scrubbed at it, and got most of it off, but you can still see it, and she left before me this morning, so now I've just been wearing makeup all day.

MS #2: Well, if it's still there, it probably isn't coming off. On the bright side, your eyes look pretty!


Bonus: Things I Should Not Have to Say to 9th Graders

  1. Don't lick that.
  2. Why do you have a latex glove?
  3. Put your shoes back on.
  4. Please don't pour Powerade into that glove.
  5. Don't eat that.
  6. Please don't put that in your mouth.
  7. No, I don't want to smell you, but thanks for asking.
  8. Why are your hands wet?
  9. Don't lick him.
  10. I'm sorry your feet are sweaty, but you have to put your shoes back on.
  11. Are you telling me your hand just spontaneously started bleeding?
  12. No, really, put your shoes back on. 

1 comment:

  1. I've had to say some of the exact same things to my ninth graders!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice and use your Grandma Language! (If you wouldn't use those words in front of Grandma, don't use them here!)