Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sweet Kids

Ran a fever all weekend and have been out sick the past two days.

I hate, hate, hate to be out, but I was not in any condition to teach this week. Students had a big Black History Month project due tonight (by midnight), and they have been emailing me their submissions all day.

Two standouts that really made me smile:

L: Mrs. S----, here's my project. I really missed you today and hope you'll be back tomorrow!

J: Mrs. S----, here's my project. I hope you are having a good day!

I realize that neither of these will seem like much to most people, but when you are feeling pretty pitiful, and you get 130+ messages that just say, "My project is attached," or "I need your help with ____," the fact that two of those kids took a second to say something nice really makes a difference.

It also makes me realize I should be taking more time to slow down and do these small kindnesses for other people, too. You really never know what little thing you do that makes someone's day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice and use your Grandma Language! (If you wouldn't use those words in front of Grandma, don't use them here!)