Sunday, August 18, 2013

Teacher Survival Kit

My sweet mama puts together a teacher survival kit each semester. I've seen several versions of these floating around, and before I put the contents of this semester's kit away today, I decided to snap a quick pic of her version.


Contents:

  • Hard candy
  • Kleenex
  • Breakfast bars
  • Nuts and trail mix
  • Bandaids
  • Lip balm
  • Mints
  • Hand sanitizer, hand sanitizer, and more hand sanitizer
  • Hair elastics
  • Wet wipes
  • Clorox Wipes
  • Cold-Eeze lozenges
  • Not pictured: Advil, Pepto tablets
One thing I would be sure to add if I were giving this to a new teacher is duct tape! I bought several rolls of pretty duct tape before I started my first teaching job. I can't remember what the original purpose was or if I even had one, but I wound up using it for everything from re-binding old textbooks to covering holes in students jeans. I still use it all the time and usually pick up a roll or two at the beginning of each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice and use your Grandma Language! (If you wouldn't use those words in front of Grandma, don't use them here!)