What I KnowWhen it comes to setting up an interactive notebook, there are basically two formats:
1. "The left side is 'left' for the students."
- Right side is for input (info/notes from teacher, text, etc.)
- Left side is for output (where students process, apply, and reflect)
- As far as I can tell, this was the original format (what I think of as "traditional").
- Left side is used for input (info/notes from teacher, text, etc.)
- Right Side is for output (again, where students process, apply and reflect)
- I think of this as the "logical" format.
What I Want to Know
- Who decided that the "traditional format" was the way to go? (I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it wasn't a math teacher unless the logic is just well-hidden.)
- How did they come to that decision? Were there actually reasons or was it just an arbitrary decision?
- Are there teachers who've tried it both ways? I would love to hear/read their opinions on which is the better way to go.