Thursday, August 16, 2012

Open House

Open House was last night, and, y'all, it was a zoo!

The schedule had students and parents in the auditorium at 5:30, and then turned loose (literally) at 6pm to pick up schedules, join PTO, purchase lockers and yearbooks and t-shirts, find their classes, and meet their teachers. No student or parent was supposed to be in the halls before 6pm, and the whole shebang was supposed to be over by 7.

Oh my gosh, y'all.

I had my first kid at 5:15.

There was a wild stampede from 6 to 7:30. 

I didn't say goodbye to my last students and their parents until 8:20.

It was insane.

I think I may still be recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice and use your Grandma Language! (If you wouldn't use those words in front of Grandma, don't use them here!)